Saturday, August 18, 2007

Like your weekends are so exciting?

Sometimes a gardener gets busy. And sometimes said gardener forgets to harvest nature's bounty. And then nature's bounty grows out of control like a creature from some low budget horror movie. What is said gardener's daughter to do but save her sainted mum from these monstrous creatures? And if she happens to enjoy the visceral delight of digging out zucchini guts with her bare hands, then so be it.


Guess which one disapproves of this blatant waste of food? I think it's Grouchy McFrowny hiding in the back there... the drunken horizontal one couldn't care less.

I also discovered that scotch tape will stick to a zucchini just long enough to fashion a handsome replica of Ricky's impressive beard growth. The likeness is staggering, don't you think?


By the way, does anyone remember when Dom Deluise had a cooking show? I was but a wee kitten at the time, but I distinctly remember him brandishing giant zucchinis and yelling about these "Gugutz" or maybe "Gagouts"...? This ringing a bell for anybody cause I would A) Love to know the proper spelling and etymology of the "G" word and B) Just know that I'm not recovering phony childhood memories starring Dom Deluise.

11 comments:

Mrs Furious said...

He did indeed have a cooking show... I also have faint and fond memories of it. Interestingly enough I have in my hand Dom's own personal Cesar Salad Dressing recipe. He lives down the road from my uncle in Vermont... they some how came to exchange recipes...

and for your enjoyment

garlic
3 T lemon juice
5 T olive oil
1 t mustard
1 egg yolk

rub garlic around bowl
combine lemon juice, mustard & oil
add egg yolk and mix well


yes ...behold... these are Dom's very own instructions!

HC said...

Thanks Mrs. Furious! I'll give this great masn's dressing a try. And might I add that Six Degrees of Deluise is so much better a game than Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon...and you win!

Rickey said...

Holy hell, it's like starting into a mirror...

Rickey said...

...or "staring," if you will.

Mr Furious said...

Starting or staring, ya lost me Rickey...

Rickey said...

(Haly was talking about how the bearded zuchini resembles Rickey).

Mr Furious said...

Ahhh!

TheJackSack said...

Is Mr. Furious married to Mrs. Furious? That's wild!

Mrs Furious said...

That's right! Don't mess with the Dynamic Duo!

Hell, don't mess with Kid Furious or Baby Furious either...

Mrs Furious said...

Bah! That was me (Mr F) using the Mrs laptop, and I'm not doing the whole sign-out, and sign-in dance to re-post...

TheJackSack said...

I love this Furious Family. You're like The Incredibles, but... furious.