Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Haleyween!

I love this holiday. And not just because I can stick my name in it and let the inner egomaniac out to play. The costumes, the pumpkins, the candy, the begging children, it's just all so wonderful!

But I am ready for it to be over, and here is why: channel surfing has become a dangerous sport in the last couple weeks. I'll be happily flipping along and suddenly I'm watching a trucker brandishing a chainsaw in the air, or an evil clown peering out of a drain, or someone WITHOUT SKIN. This has really been putting a damper on my television viewing habits. I'm ready for the airwaves to be safe for wusses like me again.

Anyway, I present to you my family's offering of jack-o-lanterns this year. Mine is the surprised looking guy on the right. Too bad you can see his candle epiglottis. My sister's is the cyclops. Take a guess who the creative one in the family is.
















And the best costume award goes to Grandma. She knows how to rock a mask and a leopard hat.


















Although, this is an awfully realistic dog costume.


7 comments:

Rickey said...

Nice pumpkins there Haley. Your grandmother absolutely must answer the door with that costume on when trick or treaters come by.

HC said...

She's got a wicked evil sense of humor, so I believe she may...

Kelly said...

Great pumpkins! Love grandma's get-up!

AmyV said...

Wow. Gram's got the best costume of any I saw this year. Rock on!

TheJackSack said...

"Nice pumpkins there Haley."- Rickey Henderson

Woah!

Mrs Furious said...

or someone WITHOUT SKIN

Jesus Christ! What are you watching?!?!

HC said...

I believe it was Hellraiser... or so my sister tells me. Whatever the one with the pincushion guy is. Shudder...